Podcast

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Elder Scrolls: Arena Day One

    I awoke in a sparse and dimly-lit prison cell, left for dead by an imposter to the Imperial throne. In a dream the ghostly visage of a woman explained to me my situation; the Imperial Battlemage has betrayed the Emperor, imprisoned him in an unknown dimension, and usurped his throne. The woman goes on to tell me that she was murdered before she could reveal the Battlemage's evil plot. It is up to me to find a way to unmask his scheme and save Tamriel before it is too late. This is The Elder Scrolls: Arena.
Day One

    I explore my cell and stumble upon a key that opens the door. Outside my cell I find a pile of used equipment and grab a sword and shield, for through the darkness of this prison I can hear the footsteps and scratchings of unknown creatures. Soon enough I encounter a group of goblins, armed to the teeth, forcing me to fight for my life as I try desperately to find and escape from this hell. After hours of sneaking around darkened corridors and crawling through filthy sewer drains, I finally spot a glimmer of the magical phase gate created by my ethereal guide that will hopefully take me far away from these Imperial prisons and back to my home country.


    I emerge in a small city of Skyrim. I run up to the first person I see and ask about the nearest inn where I can get some much needed rest. While there maybe I can find some work and ask around for information that might help me in my seemingly impossible adventure. Soon I will be off exploring dungeons, wilds, cities and farms in a quest to find an ancient relic to defeat the Emperor's imposter and restore peace to Tamriel.
    This is my New Year’s Quest: to play through all of The Elder Scrolls games in order. Stay tuned for more adventures of my Nord Barbarian (pictured above) by following me on Twitter @SKYE2117 and here at Dear Backlog for more articles. Or better yet join me in my quest! You can get The Elder Scrolls: Arena as part of The Elder Scrolls Anthology or you can download it for free at http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena.

Good luck adventurers,

- Skye

2 comments:

  1. why does your character look like The Tick if he morphed into a Power Ranger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I didn't notice that but thanks for ruining my ability to take myself seriously.

    ReplyDelete